A feeling of accomplishment motivated me to convert a simple idea in to a theme for my blog. I consider it to be a work in progress, something to improve and grow.
Previous attempts to design and code a layout failed. This is because using my existing skills, plus trying to squeeze in all of the latest features of HTML and CSS, I was aiming for a complete and quite elaborate outcome.
I realised that if I didn’t try to make a portfolio showpiece, but concentrated on content, I’d be much happier and more likely to start blogging right away. It was also appealing to have a very simple and maintainable design. I haven’t chased away every bug yet, that’s why I’m calling it a work in progress.